Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Grates - Webster Hall - 11/2/05 - Photos!


The Grates - Webster Hall - 11/2/05 - PhotosPosted by Picasa

Here's a new feature I'm going to start running because I've been putting off an eye exam for months and it's called (drum roll)

This week's sign that I need glasses

Last night at the Go! Team show the opening band, The Grates, were on stage. I watched the whole set, looking at all the band members intently. Could have sworn the drummer was a male. When I looked at my pictures this morning I saw that the male drummer was wearing a dress and I thought they were ripping off Fishman, the drummer for Phish. Then I realized that the drummer is clearly a woman. She doesn’t look like a man at all. In fact, here's a link to a website with a band photo that is actually good and not a fuzzy mess like mine http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/aust/3374/ . See? Clearly a woman. I apologize for even thinking it but it leads us back to the title of this segment, I need glasses, and badly. Anyways, she's a damn fine drummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home