Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Grates - Webster Hall - 11/2/05 - Photos!


The Grates - Webster Hall 11/2/05 - Photo Posted by Picasa

The first band to hit the stage at the NYC Go! Team show was the "power trio" The Grates. The New York show was the last stop on the American tour and you could tell because this band was tight. The energetic female singer was fun to watch on stage, performing a variety of "dance" moves and still putting everything into her vocals. The drummer was solid, greats crisp beats (See the post above for more.) The guitarist and background vocalist (the same person, was that clear?) did the job. I'd like to hear a studio album. Maybe when I do I can review it for you and try and come up with better adjectives than "solid" and "did the job"? I have to say I enjoyed them as much as The Go! Team (more on this in the concert review).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home